The mangoes in St. Lucia are delicious. When in season you can pick up a freshly fallen mango and bite right into it! One of the local favorites is to create a mango juice.
This is probably one of our favorite (non-alcoholic) drinks to enjoy on a hot St. Lucia afternoon – especially when they’re in season. The mango season in St. Lucia is generally from March through September.
Here is a quick and delicious Mango Juice Recipe.
- 4 green mangos
- 5 cups of water
- 1 cup of sugar (optional)
- Wash the mango and cut into small cubes (keeping the skin).
- Add the mango, water and sugar into the blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Strain the juice.
- Throw away the mango pulp.
- Serve in a pitcher with a slice of lime.
Not all that complicated, but the point is to let the natural flavors shine through!
(Picture above is from the Great House of Marigot Bay).
-Lauren, Oasis Team