The Authentic St. Lucia Fishing Experience!
Peter – your local fishing guide, is a licensed fisherman from the village of Marigot. You get aboard a comfortable little fishing boat to enjoy sport fishing on the Caribbean side of St. Lucia with the insight views of a local – a fisherman who has done this his whole life. This tour is not the typical touristy deep-sea fishing on a big yacht, but rather about the fun of fishing the local way – a truly authentic and inspiring experience!
Local Fishing Tour Details:
- We generally try to fish for Jack, Tuna, Dorado/Mahi-Mahi, Barracuda, Red Snapper and Grouper.
- On average, the fish our guests catch are between 1 to 10 pounds, or 15 when we’re lucky! 🙂
- We usually try bottom fishing or trolling.
- Fishing is along the Caribbean coast of the island not too far from Marigot Bay.
- Fishing gear and tackle provided.
- Tours are usually about 3-4 hours long and can go out early morning or mid-afternoon.
- Rates: 3 hours US $150 or 50.00/hr. Maximum 2 people. Children under 12: US$5 per hour when there is a minimum of 2 adults taking the tour.
These excursions cannot be booked ahead of time, but can be easily booked once you arrive on the island and call our Guest Services Office located in Marigot Bay.
Further Details About this Activity:
- Location: fishing tours commence in Marigot Bay. The fishing spots are not far from the bay, so you’re never too far from shore.
- Times: Any day of the week, with the option of morning (from 7 to 11 a.m.) or by mid-afternoon (from 3 to 6 pm).
- Included: Fishing gear and tackle. Lunch not included and drinks available for sale on-board, but you can also bring your own. If you catch a good fish, Peter may offer to clean it for you.
- Booking: bookings cannot be made in advance to your vacation, but can be made once you are on the island via our Guest Services Office. Yet, Peter still needs at least 24 hours notice for a tour. The local phone number and information on how to contact the Guest Services Office is provided once your reservation is made, but can also be found here.