Oasis Marigot is Re-opening!
Here at Oasis Marigot, we are thrilled to announce we plan to re-open for November 1st, 2020. We have taken this time to develop safety protocols and put them into place for the safety of our guests, staff, and community. These protocols have been developed in accordance with the Prevention Guide for operators of tourist residences issued by the Government of St Lucia.
Keep reading to learn more about how the staff at Oasis Marigot has created a safe and tranquil experience for our valued guests!
Summary of Sanitary measures
We wanted to create a place where you feel safe and at ease, able to enjoy the holiday you deserve. These measures are in place at all of our properties to protect our employees and our guests as well as to reduce the risk of spread in the community. They have been developed in accordance with the Prevention Guide for operators of tourist residences issued by the Government of St Lucia.
- 24 hour spacing between stays; in order to reduce the level of contagious activity of virus for our housekeeping staff and our next stay guests.
- Extended disinfection protocol; our list of items to clean and disinfect has been expanded; we follow the recommendations of the Environment Health Department of the Ministry of Health for specific measures related to room maintenance.
- Cleaning products and protocols: Our hotels use cleaning products and protocols that have been approved for combating viruses, bacteria, and other pathogens.
- Protective procedures and equipment for maintenance personnel; maintenance staff generally works alone at each property and respects distancing measures social if necessary, wearing a mask or visor is recommended as well as wearing protective gloves during high-risk handling, the preventive measure.
- Physical distancing: Signage has been placed in all common areas to ensure the recommended physical distancing guidelines are respected. Hand sanitizer dispensers have been installed in several areas throughout the property.
- Public spaces and common areas: The frequency of cleaning and sanitizing has been increased in all common areas, with extra attention given to high-contact surfaces.
- Training of team members: All employees have been trained in safety and sanitation protocols as they apply to COVID-19, including proper handwashing techniques. The wearing of personal protective equipment (masks and gloves) is mandatory for all employees in positions that require it.
- Awareness, collaboration, and follow-up of guests; we have improved our communications with guests before the stays in order to make them aware of their responsibilities. All the guests are the subject of a follow-up communication from us 14 days following the end of the stay.
Our protocols are continuously updated as new information becomes available and in accordance with Government directives.
Oasis Marigot is currently offering 3 spectacular and private accommodations for your stay, Click to explore each of these spectacular villas.
We have worked hard to make the check-in process as safe and easy as possible for our guests. Below we have outlined the Oasis Marigot check-in process in detail. Upon confirmation of your travel to one of our locations, you will receive a document with detailed information regarding the protocols we have put into place for the safety of our staff, visitors and community, as well as detailed information regarding your responsibilities.
- All arriving guests must book their arrival and departure taxi through us and we will provide a COVID certified taxi. The taxi will be sanitized and disinfected prior to guest pick up. For the safety of the driver and our guests, all guests must wear a mask for the duration of the taxi ride.
- Taxis are not allowed to transfer any more than 6 to 10 people in a 14-seater bus from the same family/party and not more than 2 people in a car/SUV. No more than 4 people in a minivan.
- All guests and staff must wear a mask when they’re within 6’ of each other.
- For the Vacation Club & Villa St Lucia: On arrival at the dock on the north side of the bay, the Guests will be instructed to take the lift and meet the Guests Services Representative or the Security at the relevant station for a temperature check and then to be escorted to the house/room whilst ensuring 6 feet distance. The Porter will provide the keys, and then bring up the bags to be placed outside the front door to the room in which the guests will be alerted is outside the room by a knock on the door.
- Guest are encouraged practice proper hygiene and was their hands immediately upon arrival at the villa.
- Guests are asked to follow COVID-19 related protocols- e.g. Washing/sanitizing of hands frequently.
- Guests will be required to provide a copy of their COVID-19 health certificate prior to Arrival.
Given the current situation, there will be no cooking service offered. On arrival, we recommend the provisioning service KOUDMEN. Groceries will be delivered to your kitchen prior to your arrival,
All our units are equipped with full kitchens so guests will have everything they need to prepare their own delicious meals. You can learn more about this convenient service and request your personal delivery here!
When traveling to St. Lucia you must adhere to the re-entry requirements the country has put into place for our visitors, workers and locals. We have created an easy to follow checklist to learn everything you need to know before you go! If you would like more detailed information on re-entry requirements, click HERE.
We all came together, followed the safety measures put in place by those our government officials, and because of this we made tremendous progress- holidays in the tropics are now in arms reach!
We look forward to welcoming you back to the beautiful and magical, St. Lucia!