The Villa Pitons RetreatBook Now / Inquire
of the Pitons World Heritage Site, St. Lucia
- One of Only a Few Villas Actually Located Within The Pitons World Heritage Site
- A Stunningly Unique Home - Built by the Same Architect Who Created Ladera Resort
- Enjoy Incredible Views of the Pitons Mountains, as the Villas is Located Right Between Them
- Private & Secluded with Peaceful Nature All Around - But Extremely Safe
- Private Plunge Pool, Gardens, and Lounge Areas
- Not Far From Sugar Beach, The Gardens & Waterfall, and Some of the Island's Best Restaurants
There are a few places on earth where a single house, the work of a gifted and original spirit, captures and expresses its surroundings so perfectly that it seems almost to have emerged right out of the landscape itself.
Villa Pitons Retreat is one of those rare homes. Built high on a hilly knoll near the village of Morne La Croix, the house was once the private residence of the remarkable American interior designer, architect and yachtsman John DiPol, who in the 1960s put down roots in St. Lucia and went on to build the world-famous Ladera Resort between St. Lucia’s landmark Pitons with its awesome open design and “infinity” pool. Villa Pitons Retreat carries the open design concept to amazing effect in complete privacy…discretely served by a dedicated staff of two.
The house makes the absolute most of its awesome natural surroundings. Every suite is open to view the emerald bay of Anse des Pitons- a World Heritage Site. Outside, with its low roofs and louvered folding doors along the frontage, it has the subtly lit, yet imposing privacy, of an old French plantation villa. In fact, it’s built onto an old mill.
Inside, the light of the Caribbean plays among deep recesses shaped by the gray granite of St. Lucia’s volcanic geology and cedar woodwork from the island’s ancient rain forest. All of which is brightened by the genius of traditional Italian tile masons. Each floor is a visual masterpiece, where earth-red clay squares lay the ground for stunning original inlays – a coat of arms, the Southern Cross, a giant octopus crowning a seaworld shower. The tiles continue to inspire and amaze outside, where the pool terrace is emblazoned with a comet trailing through stars.
The villa’s Old World and Caribbean nuances come together in the kitchen, where blue-green tiled counters, breadfruit-wood cabinets, rustic surfaces and stained-glass windows add visual flavor to its impressive modern appointments, including double-door fridge, and a full-size commercial range fit for the most discriminating culinary creations.
The master bedroom suite has its own tub and shower (crowned by the magnificent octopus mosaic), twin ceramic sinks and dressing room. Two guest bedrooms share an adjoining bathroom with a large tiled walk-in shower. Each bedroom has a queen-size four-poster bed. Another bathroom with shower next to the game room can be reached from either guest room whenever the shared bathroom is occupied.
Location & Proximity
Villa Pitons Retreat is a place for travelers who really wish to get away. To preserve its seclusion and intimacy, the house has no land line telephone. We’ll provide you a cell phone to access the outside world and the staff. The villa has a TV-DVD system which will allow you to watch movies and play your CD’s. There is also an iPod compatibility switch which you can use.
Comfort and privacy are guaranteed by the villa’s staff of two, Mary and Gregg. Mary, who serves as housekeeper has her helper Nasha and they will be glad to cook for you an evening meal at a cost of US$10 per person, per dinner. Please note that the guests are also responsible for buying groceries and drinks. Mary/Nasha can cook creole meals upon request.
Villa Pitons Retreat is safe and comfy day and night. Because of the open design, expect to see small visitors now and then – innocent little lizards and frogs. They’re harmless and happy to come and go undisturbed, as free as the birds in the trees outside your doors.
While there are no resort services or activities directly around the villa, the Jalousie Plantation Hotel and a superb public beach are only five minutes by car. The award-winning Dasheene Restaurant at the world famous Ladera Resort is also just a short drive away. For hiking enthusiasts, the Gros Piton Nature Trail sits right in the villa’s backyard. For travel from the villa, you can arrange for a car rental, or use the services of Ben, our dedicated taxi driver (taxi fares extra).
- Free Taxi Transportation on Arrival
- 3 Bedrooms (3 Queen-Size Beds)
- 3 Bathrooms (with Shower, Hairdryer in Each Bathroom)
- (No Alarm Clock)
- Ceiling Fans
- Fully-Equipped Kitchen (Including Microwave)
- Safe (To Put Valuables)
- Electric Adapters (for North American Electronics)
- Iron & Board
- Laundry can be Done by Housekeeper Upon Asking for Small Fee of $25EC/Load
- Cell Phone Provided
- WiFi Internet
- TV (DVD Player Only, Small Library of DVDs)
- Guests can Play YouTube and Podcasts on TV from Smartphones and Tablets
- Dart Board
- Plunge Pool (10 W X 20 L X 4-5 D)
- Pool-side Lounge Area
- Charcoal BBQ Grill
- Small Covered Balcony off Master Bedroom
- Gardener & Housekeeper (3 Days/Week or More if Needed)
- Cook Available: Traditional Creole Meals by Mary/Nasha (Housekeeper); US $15/person/meal. Guests Are Responsible for Providing the Provisioning/Food.
- Eco-Friendliness: Solar Panels for Extra Electricity, Rain Traps, Energy-Saving Light Bulbs, Naturally Cooled by the Open Air Design
- 45 Minute Drive to Airport UVF
- 15 Min Drive to Groceries
- 15 Min Drive to Restaurants
- 15 Min Drive to Sugar Beach
- 15 Min Drive to Scuba Diving Shop
- 15 Min Drive to Botanical Gardens, Diamond Falls and Volcano
- 15 Min Drive to Bank
- 15 Minute Drive to Church
“You Really Won’t Want to Leave This Magical House…”
“The Villa Pitons Retreat is easily one of the nicest places I have ever stayed. The design work and attention to detail in the decor and grounds of the property are simply second to none. Absolutely enchanting in every way imaginable- a spectacular, breath taking view that has to be seen in person to be properly understood, a fabulous swimming pool, the invigorating sea breezes, the well stocked kitchen, pool table, darts, dvd library, and the overall casually luxurious vibe will ensure that you never want to leave.”
“The moment you open the front door, you will immediately say “Wow!” as your eyes absorb an incredible view of the Caribbean Sea and the twin Pitons through the open-air design of the Villa Pitons Retreat. If you’re looking for a quiet, private get-away with spectacular views and a unique setting, this is the place! And there are several very good nearby restaurants, beach, snorkeling and hiking — so activities are available if you can tear yourself away from the villa!”
“Most Beautiful Place I Have Ever Stayed …”
“The Villa was magnificent … views – architecture – location – service people! We absolutely loved it .. went to celebrate 15 years together. We went to the Beach and Scuba Diving right down at the bottom of the hill at the resort every day and enjoyed our wonderful home in the evening.”
“Wonderful Relaxing Stay”
“We stayed at the Villa Des Pitons for six nights. We had an amazing time. The view is unbelievable -the best we found on the island. It is a very relaxing place to stay and we spent a lot of time at the house just enjoying the view. Mary, the housekeeper, made the trip very enjoyable. The beaches in this area are good for snorkeling and the water is crystal clear. We highly recommend staying at the Villa Des Pitons and would love to return in the future with our family.”
|The Villa Pitons Retreat|
Nightly rates ($US)
Dec 21 – Jan 4
Jan 5 – April 15
April 16 – May 31
June 1 – Dec 20
|Base Rate for 2 People|
Additional people: $75/night/person
(No additional cost/person)
- Minimum Stay: 5 nights, except during holiday season; 7 nights.
- *Winter Special: 10% off minimum 7 nights
- *Spring Special: 15% Off minimum 5 nights
- *Summer/Fall Special: 15% off minimum 5 nights
- Single Person: Deduct 10%
- Extras: Taxes, fees, and security deposit may apply.
Calendar / Booking
Please inquire for availability of this property.