The Pitons Stargroves VillaBook Now / Inquire
of the Pitons World Heritage Site, Saint Lucia
- One of Only a Few Villas Actually Located Within The Pitons World Heritage Site
- Likely the Island's Most Uniquely Designed Open-Concept Villa, Built Directly Into the Mountainside
- A Spacious Villa with Incredible Views from Every Room
- Private & Secluded with Peaceful Nature All Around - But Extremely Safe
- Private Plunge Pool, Gardens, and Pool Deck Area
- Not Far From Sugar Beach, The Gardens & Waterfall, and Some of the Island's Best Restaurants
Sometimes a house captures and expresses the spirit of a place so perfectly that it seems to be part of the natural landscape. Pitons Stargroves, perhaps the most unique villa in the Caribbean and St. Lucia, is one such home. Located on a gently rolling hill near the tiny village of Morne La Croix, just a few miles from the sleepy port of Soufrière on the southwest side of St. Lucia – a region of small fishing villages, mountains and valleys, carpeted in rain forest, which seasoned travelers often speak of nostalgically as “the way the Caribbean used to be” – the villa looks as if it had actually grown right out of Gros Piton Mountain.
Built from native materials – Greenheart wood from the St. Lucia rain forest and volcanic rock that bubbled to the surface millions of years ago – this private villa takes full advantage of its natural surroundings. The west side of the house is an “open wall,” inviting one of the world’s most breathtaking views into every room. It’s also open (literally) to the fresh sea breezes of the Pitons valley and so is naturally well ventilated, making there no need for air-conditioning.
Step out onto the villa’s multiple decks and take in the panorama of the western cliff of the Gros Piton and the majestic Petit Piton Mountain – symbols of St. Lucia and a World Heritage Site – against the deep blue of the Caribbean Sea.
The villa has a spacious living room with a volcanic waterfall as its central theme and a full-size dining room that seats eight in complete comfort. There’s a master bedroom suite, with a king-size bed, private sitting deck, and full bathroom. Two guest bedrooms (one with a king-size bed, the other with twin beds) share an adjoining bathroom. The bathrooms are uniquely designed with shower stalls (but not tubs) cut into the volcanic rock. A third-story tower serves as a private sitting room or sleeping area. Because of the open design, expect to see small visitors now and then – innocent little lizards and frogs that come and go, happy to be left to their harmless ways as you relax in the safe and cozy calm under the netting of your four-poster bed.
Pitons Stargroves villa was built for seclusion and intimacy, and it’s a tradition we seek to preserve. The villa has no television or telephone. You’ll need a cell phone to access the outside world and the staff (provided). But our guests prefer it that way. Some never leave the villa grounds at all during their stay…with its inexhaustible scenery and setting, the villa is a real world unto itself. Enjoy your own scenic swimming pool fed by a small stone waterfall for a private, refreshing dip just outside your door.
Comfort and privacy are guaranteed by the villa’s 24-hour staff of two, Mary and Pious, who are available to clean, cook, and arrange activities for you. Mary, who serves as housekeeper, will be glad to cook for you as well in exchange for a fee. Please note that the guests are also responsible for buying groceries and drinks.
Location & Proximity
While there are no resort services or activities directly around the villa, the Sugar Beach Viceroy Resort and a superb public beach are only five minutes by car. The award-winning Dasheene Restaurant at the world famous Ladera Resort is also just a short drive away. For hiking enthusiasts, the Gros Piton Nature Trail sits right in the villa’s backyard. For travel from the villa, you can arrange for a car rental, or use the services of Ben, our dedicated taxi driver (taxi fares extra).
Please note: This property is not suitable for young children because of the tower in the house and the open stairway to the pool. For all our Soufriere villas, we always recommend you rent a car. This will make your vacation much smoother and less-restricted – not having to wait around for taxis. At the time of your reservation, we would be delighted to help arrange a rental vehicle for you.
Here at Oasis Marigot, we do our best to make your vacation villa your vacation home.
- 3 Bedrooms (1 King, 2 Queens & 1 Double)
- 2 Bathrooms (with Shower)
- Alarm Clock
- Fully-Equipped Kitchen
- Bbq Grill
- Tower with Lookout Balcony and Hammock
- Safe (2) (To Put Valuables)
- Electric Adapters (for North American Electronics)
- Laundry may be done by staff only at $5 US per load washing and $5 US per load drying.
- 110 Volt Electricity in Some Rooms
- Cell Phone Provided
- Small Reading & Music Library
- Free WiFi Internet Access
- Plunge Pool
- Pool-side Lounge Area
- Housekeeper (7 Days/Week, Sunday half-day), Gardener (2 Days/Week)
- Security Guard May Stay on Site Nights and when Guests Leave the House Free of Charge, on Request by Guests
- Cook Available: Traditional Creole Meals by Mary (Housekeeper); $7 USD/hour after 4:30pm to be paid directly to her each night. Guests Are Responsible for Providing the Provisioning/Food
- Eco-Friendliness: Rain Traps as Main Water Supply, Energy-Efficient Light Bulbs, Low-Volume Toilets for Water Conservation, Three-Sided House Eliminates Need for A/C, State of the Art Swimming Pool System Using Salt
- 45 Minute Drive to Airport UVF
- 15 Min Drive to Groceries
- 15 Min Drive to Restaurants
- 15 Min Drive to Sugar Beach
- 15 Min Drive to Scuba Diving Shop
- 15 Min Drive to Botanical Gardens, Diamond Falls and Volcano
- 15 Min Drive to Bank
- 15 Minute Drive to Church
“The Villa Stargroves”
“this Villa is totally unique and a joy for the “right” kind of guest. We loved it. Because it is an open air house, you have a spectacular view all day and night. The Petit Piton is RIGHT THERE, The house is funky and totally charming, clean, well maintained, and well staffed. We loved the peace and quiet, the privacy, and the back to nature vibe, and of course, THE VIEW! If you are a luxury hotel with room service-type of traveler, this house may not be for you, but if you want an amazing St. Lucian experience, we would recommend it highly.”
“Pitons Stargroves – Heaven on Earth!”
“Our stay at the Pitons Stargroves was absolutely perfect! The villa was clean and well appointed and the view was amazing. Mary and Pious (the mother & son who do the housekeeping and maintenance) do an excellent job of maintaining the property and their hospitality during our stay was second to none. The property itself is absolutely stunning – I have been to many beautiful places across the globe, and the view here is phenomenal! I was initially worried about bugs, as this is an open air villa, but my concerns were quickly put to rest…not even one mosquito the entire time we were there!
The Oasis Marigot staff were also extremely helpful and accommodating – any e-mail queries were answered very promptly and they provided me with assistance with the car rental and taxi reservations.
We would definitely return to the Pitons Stargroves, and have already been recommending it to our friends and family!”
“A completely unique, peaceful hideaway with fantastic views”
“We have had a wonderful 10 day stay at Pitons Stargroves and have found it to be one of our most memorable holidays yet.
The villa is tucked away at the side of the Gros Piton and you can completely hide away from the world while feeling at one with nature. The house is completely open on one side giving you a breathtaking view of the Petit Piton and the sea that you never stop enjoying. Even though there is no air con the house is built cleverly so that it is always shaded and the breeze circulates around the rooms so we never felt too hot.
We have had such a great stay here and would fully recommend Pitons Stargroves for anyone looking to get away from it all.”
“Best Location–House is a destination of itself”
“Really, this house has the best location possible—when we were boating around the island we looked up between the Pitons and there, smack dab in the middle, we saw the tower of the house sticking up above the palms on the ridge. It is an eccentric house–no walls, minimalist and organic architecture. It was a perfect rainforest experience—the insects’ night music, waking up to a rainbow arced between the Pitons, the birds flying through during the day—we felt like kids in a tree-house on a hidden adventure. We were traveling with another couple—the house was perfect for 2 couples, with separate sleeping wings, bathrooms and balconies.”
|The Pitons Stargroves
Nightly rates ($US)
Dec 21 – Jan 4
Jan 5 – April 15
April 16 – May 31
June 1 – Dec 20
|Base Rate for 2 People
Additional people: $41/night/person
(No additional cost/person)
- Minimum Stay:Spring/Summer; 3 nights, Winter; 5 nights, holiday season; 7 nights.
- *Special: 20% off minimum 7 nights
- Single Person: Deduct 10%
- Children: Under 2 years old: free
- Extras: Taxes, fees, and security deposit may apply.
Calendar / Booking
Please inquire for availability of this property.