Quaintly tucked into the lush tropical hillside near the historic town of Soufriere, the Villa Alegria peacefully
surveys the vast Caribbean Sea and the twin tropical peaks of the Pitons Mountains, a World Heritage Site. On a
clear day the view from the villa stretches as far as the island of St. Vincent.
Vacation Villa Description
The vacation villa itself is designed with traditional Creole influences such as local river stones in the walls, exposed wooden ceilings,
fretwork breezeways, and tongue and grooves painted pale turquoise against white louver windows and doors. The villa is a multiple level,
cottage-like home with seven bedrooms; perfect for families or groups of friends. A warm sun-filled terrace lets guests enjoy dinners
in the cool tropical breeze, backlit with chromatic sunsets over the horizon. The bottom floor has a colonnaded gallery running the
length of the house with a calming fishpond with lilies. The area surrounding the fishpond is furnished with sofas and tables.
A small pool/large plunge pool adjoins the first and second floor of the villa on an exterior, tiled terrace. A US Health and Safety
Standard-approved fence for children surrounds the pool, giving you ease-of mind. Flourishing tropical flora and fauna make
you feel as if you are swimming in a secret jungle pond.
Put your mouse over the images
Villa Proximity to Beach, Restaurants, and Other Services in Soufrière
The Villa Alegria is truly a refuge for those wanting to escape into a world of serenity and natural beauty.
Besides the breathtaking views and the picturesque garden which encompasses the villa with magnificent palms,
mangoes, lilies, and other exotic plants, there are also many activities within the area. Watch the hot bubbles
gurgle from the depths of a drive-in volcano, look ten years younger after a dip in the mineral-enriched mud bath,
gaze in awe at the Diamond Waterfall at the botanical gardens, or enjoy a fun-filled day of snorkelling, diving,
and other water sports down by the beach, which is only a five minute drive away. Or, for the more adventurous
there are superb hiking trails, jungle mountain biking, and even guided excursions up the Piton Mountains.
The Villa Alegria is the perfect vacation place to relax with family and to explore some of the Saint Lucia's best jewels of nature.
For all our Soufriere villas, we always recommend you rent a car. This will make your vacation much smoother
and less-restricted - not having to wait around for taxis. At the time of your reservation, we would be delighted to help arrange a rental vehicle for you.
Here at Oasis Marigot, we do our best to make your vacation villa your vacation home.
Villa Alegria Amenities and Rental Services
- 7 Bedrooms (1 King Size Bed, 2 Queen Size Bed, 1 Double bed, 5 Single Beds, 1 Bunk Bed)
- 5 Bathrooms
- A/C in All Bedrooms
- Hair Dryer in Each Bedroom
- Ceiling Fans (Including Bedrooms-except for 2 bedrooms)
- Fully Equipped Kitchen
- Laundry May be Done by Housekeeper Upon Asking
- Ironing Board and Iron
- Safe (To Put Valuables)
- Electric Adapters (for North American Electronics)
- 2 Baby Cots, 2 Baby High-Chairs
- Baby Car Seats, Cribs
- High Speed (ADSL) Internet (Wi-Fi)
- TV (DVD Player, Small DVD Library) (No Cable in this Area)
- Book Library, Board Games, and Puzzles
- Children's Toys and Games
- Pool (Fenced)
- BBQ Grill
- Tennis Court available on the next door property. Cost is $10 per session. The housekeeper can make the arrangements.
- Gardener & Housekeeper (6 Days/Week) (Not Trained Baby-Sitters and Should not be Expected to Look after Children. Arrangements May be Made at Parents' Own Risk)
- Complimentary Cook 7 Days/Week from 9am to 3pm. Will Provide 3 Meals/Day, Wherein Dinner Will Need to Be Reheated as
it is Made Early. Cook May Stay Later Than 3pm, Yet Overtime Charges Will Apply ($65). Guests Can Provide Food for
Cook or Cook May do Shopping at Cost Plus 15% Service Charge. Menu Given to Guests at Beginning of Their Stay.
- Airport Pickup and Drop-off at Less than Average taxi Rate