See the Giant Creatures of the Caribbean!
In St. Lucia, we are lucky to have several different species of whale and dolphin in our waters, either resident in the area or passing through. There is something enchanting and exciting about coming face to face with sea creatures which are 60 feet long, weigh approximately 44 tonnes and make noises that can be heard up to five miles away. The experience of encountering whales in their natural habitat makes for an adventure not easily forgotten. What is even more mind boggling is the affinity that one feels for whales and dolphins when paths cross, even if their appearance is so unlike that of other mammals.
The Caribbean waters have long been noted for their unique aquatic life, coral reefs and tropical fish. St. Lucia is considered to be one of the premiere Whale & Dolphin Watching destinations of the Southern Caribbean. There have been a recorded 25 different of marine mammals species found in our waters.
Whale Watching Details:
These excursions cannot be booked ahead of time, but can be easily booked once you arrive on the island and call our Guest Services Office located in Marigot Bay.
- Sightings include: Sperm whales (45 ft.), Pilot whales (20ft.), Humpback whales (60 ft.), as well as Spinner, Striped, and Common Dolphins. There are resident pods of Female Sperm Whales and their calves along with Pilot Whales and Dolphin, so there are good sightings year round.
- The boats are equipped with the necessary electronics allowing for an 85% sightings record.
- Supplied on every trip refreshments and rum punch.
- Duration of tours are 4 hours.
- The boat leaves from the Vigie Marina in Castries.
- Rates: US $65 per person. Those under 12 are US$45. (Does not include transportation to/from Castries).
Further Details About this Activity:
- Booking: bookings cannot be made in advance to your vacation, but can be made once you are on the island via our Guest Services Office. The local phone number and information on how to contact the Guest Services Office is provided once your reservation is made, but can also be found here.